Join the TIGN Men's Club!
The Temple Israel Men’s Club is much more than a social organization. We are committed to working together with the entire congregation and the clergy to benefit the community, our synagogue and our own lives. We do this through avodah (service and prayer), kehillah (community participation) and tzedakah (charity). We strongly encourage you to join us!
Join us for exciting events such as:
- Monthly meetings featuring food, speakers and activities
- Opening breakfast in the fall with an engaging speaker, open to the entire community
- Community-wide Rabbinic Dialogue featuring our rabbi and rabbis from other synagogues in Great Neck engaged in important discussions of our similarities and differences
- “Bike, Hike and Barbecue” in late spring to celebrate our year and the beginning of summer
- Men’s Club Shabbat
- World Wide Wrap, together with the Temple Israel Religious School
- Wine tastings and Scotch tastings
- Entertaining “Scotch N Seder” before Passover
We also assist with the High Holy Days as ushers, extra security and set up for the nearly 3,000 people who participate in those services. We send candles out to the community for Yom HaShoah (Holocuast Remembrance Day), collect charity for the Hatzilu Rescue Organization and otherwise perform acts of Tzedakah within our community and beyond.
Our Men’s Club is growing and participation in our activities is greater than ever before. Whether it is helping to plan our events, attending our programs, or contributing to our tzedakah efforts, many congregants participate in Men’s Club activities and the entire kehillah benefits from our service. And for us at the Men's Club, that's what Jewish life is all about - DOING.
We invite you to experience the joy of participation by joining the Men's Club. Come to any of our meetings, generally held the fourth Tuesday evening of each month, or to one our events. The amount of time you spend with us is entirely up to you. We promise you a year full of enriching experiences. Please check this webpage often, and look for Men's Club activities in the synagogue Bulletin and weekly emails.
Any questions about Men's Club?
Contact Jack Guberman, TIGN Men's Club Co-President