After numerous meetings and consultations with our Health Advisory Committee, we have decided to implement the following additional safety precautions for the High Holy Day services:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times indoors and outdoors by everyone over age 2.
- Everyone attending adult services (Main Sanctuary, Grand Ballroom, Tent) must be fully vaccinated or, for those who are not vaccinated, must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of Rosh Hashanah and of Yom Kippur (this means 2 separate tests). This unfortunately means that children under 12 may not be present in the Sanctuary, Ballroom, and Tent or in the areas just outside those venues, both for their safety and that of others.
- Teen service participants will not require vaccination or testing, though teens who wish to attend the adult services will be required to show proof of vaccination or testing (see above).
- Regarding children and family services: Adults attending these services are required to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours. Those under age 12 may attend without a negative PCR test.
- We are trying to conduct teen, children and family services outdoors wherever possible. For those that will be conducted inside the building, there will be a separate means of entry. We are also working on an outdoor Neilah service for all ages. More information about teen, children and family services will soon be forthcoming.
Vaccination status or PCR test results can be submitted in person or online by clicking here. You must submit this information in order to receive tickets. Please note that if you are picking up tickets for more than just yourself, you will need to provide the information for each individual listed in your envelope. No tickets can be distributed without proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test.
We know that this is a significant change in protocol and we hope that you will understand that this is our best effort to proceed with in-person High Holy Day services in a safe manner.
Please contact Jamey Kohn (516-482-7800 / firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.